Services to Foreign students in Vancouver (including North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, Surrey).

We can help you extend your study permits, change conditions of your current study permits, we can also help you apply for post-graduation work permits.

Ideally application to extend study permit should be sent to CIC a couple of months before your current student permit expires however such application can be sent even a few days before your current study permit expires.

CIC will charge processing fee of $150 (can be paid online with your credit card or we can make payment on your behalf) and we charge $500 (tax included) for our assistance with your study permit renewal.

Documents which you will need to extend your study permit are:
  1. Your Enrollment Letter (similar to "Letter of Acceptance" when you first applied for your study permit) which should include
    • the start date of your program,
    • your current status as a student, and
    • your expected completion date.

    Contact your foreign student advisor to get a Customized Enrollment Letter if you:

    • need additional time to complete your program, or
    • need a study permit extension to cover the 90 days after your program completion, known as a “bridging extension”, or
    • your Letter of Enrollment does not specify your estimated completion date, or
    • you receive funding (i.e., teaching assistantship or research assistantship) as part of your program, which could also be used for your financial proof, or
    • are applying during the summer before you can register for winter courses.

    In case you are a high-school student in Canada and you are entering university program, or if you finished your undergraduate studies in Canada and want to continue your education on the graduate level in Canada you will need Letter of Acceptance from the educational institution where you want to continue your education.

  2. Proof of academic standing at institution -  you will have to provide a letter from your institutional registrar and/or photocopies of transcripts from your last two periods of study.

  3. Proof of Financial Support - You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who are with you in Canada (tuition and living expenses) for one year.

    You can prove your funds with:
    • Proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you have transferred money to Canada (recently dated official bank statement that has been stamped or signed by your Canadian bank showing a balance of at least $10,000 CAD)
    • A letter from your parent(s) stating their relationship to you and that they will financially support you. The letter should be signed by your parent(s). You must also provide an official bank statement(s) of your parent(s), issued by their bank and that has been signed or stamped. It should be in English or French (or accompanied by an official translation),
    • A letter from your sponsor (e.g., sponsorship organization, scholarship(s), loan(s)) or employer (e.g., teaching assistantships, research assistantships) stating their relationship to you and the amount that they will provide you,
    • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution,
    • Proof of a student/education loan from a bank your bank statements for the past four months,
    • A bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars,
    • Proof you paid tuition and housing fees,
    • A letter from the person or school giving you money or
    • Proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

      You must show that you have at least $10,000 Canadian Dollars (CAD), plus an additional $4,000 for a spouse/partner, and/or $3,000 for each additional dependent family member (e.g., child).

      Important: If the balance(s) in any of the documentation above is in foreign currency, provide a screenshot of the currency converter result.
  4. Passport - you have to provide copy of your current passport (and your previous passport if you changed your passport while in Canada) which includes the main page with your bio-data (your name, date of birth, validity of your passport etc.) and copies of all other passport pages which have stamps or any other notations on them.

    Important: Your study permit will not be issued past your passport's expiry date. If your passport will expire soon, extend it before you apply for your study permit extension.

  5. Your digital photo - photo specifications can be found here.
    We can take your photo at the office for no additional fee (if you prefer so).

  6. Letter of Explanation - A letter of explanation helps the visa officer to understand you and your educational/professional goals and it is a good way to describe additional (unique) factors in your situation or include additional documents. Letter of Explanation could include:

    • The purpose of your application (why you want to continue studying in Canada),
    • Issues you would like to clarify or that the CIC officer might find useful,
    • Supporting documents, screenshots or any other proof to support your explanation,
    • That you understand the responsibilities as a student,
    • Additional employment history if you have run out of space in your application form.
  7. Medical exam - If you have been studying in Canada for the past 12 months, you do not need proof of a medical exam unless:

    If the above two situations applies to you, you will need a medical exam conducted by an IRCC-approved Panel Physician. Your medical exam report (referred to as your ‘e-medical’) can be submitted with your study permit application.

  8. Application form(s).


We can help you prepare and send your application for new study permit.

There are three ways to do that:

  1. You can book an office appointment with our immigration consultant and he will prepare and send your application to CIC with you being present to provide documents and information directly (immigration consultant will scan your documents, if needed and also he can take your picture if you do not have one), or
  2. You can provide all documents and information over the Internet and we will send your application to CIC electronically (using CIC portal for authorized representatives), or
  3. You can use your myCIC account to send your application, we can help you prepare all the forms and instruct you what supporting documents to include with your application.


We charge $500 (tax included) for assisting you with your application for renewal of your study permit. In addition to that CIC charges $150 application processing fee.

If you think you may need our services please complete this brief questionnaire - we will get in touch with you once we receive your answers. Alternatively you can contact us using our contact form.

Milorad Borota,
Feb 18, 2018, 2:33 PM